I am going to start by saying, the reason I’m posting this here is to hold myself accountable. Something I don’t always do is verbalize my goals or wants. I have had the same goals for a while but I am not good at pushing myself to achieve them. Without further rambling these are my current goals.
- Lose 20lbs by May, my long-term goal is 155 lbs
- Drink more water. (Is weird to say I genuinely dislike drinking water?)
- Do at least 3 chores around the house daily. To be transparent I am an awful housekeeper, I hate cleaning my own home but I’ll help friends or family without question on their chores…I frustrate myself!
- Find a job that I find fulfillment from.(I know this is a tall order.)
- Write at least twice a week. I really enjoy putting my thoughts down to paper. This blog feels very cathartic even if only a handful of people ever look at it.
- Be a kinder, more mindful person.
So there you have it, these are my current goals. I could write out a 10 page list of all the things I want but that wouldn’t be realistic or obtainable. So these are my goals that are most important currently.
Now the next thing is to put these into practice…
- To lose weight I started this morning by eating a breakfast instead of starving myself until lunch time like I typically do. I need to go to the grocery store and buy healthier options. I am going to make it a point to buy simple foods. I currently buy for convenience not nutrition. That is going to change. I also am going to workout.
- Drinking more water…well this is tough for me. Ever since I was about 10 years old I have been a soda junkie drinking anywhere from 2 to 6 cans of soda or more a day. It is my addiction, I know it is bad for me I know that I am basically holding a bottle of corn syrup to my mouth and drinking a whole bottle. In honesty I’m like an alcoholic for soft drinks. What I am hoping to change is instead of buying myself that soda I crave, I’ll buy a water. I’m also gonna try to infuse my waters with fruit to try to satisfy the sweet tooth.
- This is just laziness. I usually am terrible about waiting until the end of the week and then having to do every little chore that would have been easy spaced out but now it’s crammed into one day. When I do that to myself I get so frustrated and burnt-out that I leave things half done. They say habits take at least 30 days to instill, my 30 days starts today!
- Finding a job that I find fulfillment from is hard to manifest. I am happy to say that I’ve had some interviews that seemed pretty productive. It has also been nice to work from home the last month so I could think of some of my wants and needs in a new role.
- This is so new to me but I have always loved writing for myself or others and often dream of writing a book so even if this blog is never read by anyone it has already made me very happy! I am trying develop a routine and schedule for when I post a new blog entry, but I know I’ll get there!
- Being kinder and more mindful has been an ongoing goal starting in 2016 for me. I’m a kind person, but I am very introverted and it is most often mistaken for coldness towards strangers. I am just painfully shy. I am making a conscious effort to say hello to people and have conversations even if it causes anxiety. It has helped me quite a bit this last year and even helped me land a corporate trip. Another thing that is really helped is a program I found in a Buzzfeed article. It’s called Thoughts from the Universe. Check it out! On their website I found a program called “Love Your Life in 30 Days” it is interesting, let me know what you think of it!
So that’s how I started working on my goals. I plan to give you an update of my progress and hope that you can support me in my journey! I’d love to hear about your goals and journey to fulfilling them! Any support I can offer or motivation is what I’d like to give to you! Comment below!